Friday, September 16, 2016

Speed Reading


I came upon this book by accident. It's called Speed Reading" by Daniel Alley. I definitely learned a lot from it. The author describes several methods of increasing you reading speed. While going through them I realized that I actually like my slow reading. I like reading out loud. There is nothing wrong with slowly enjoying a good book. However I really liked one method, and I am going to try to adopt it in my habits. It’s called Pacing. I’m not going to describe it as author probably did a better job than I would. If you are like me and not in a much of a rush than pay attention to the Pacing chapter.

Other techniques sounded like torture. I did all that when I was at school. I graduated ten years ago and my life got better since then. I would have probably practiced more of the speed reading if I had to read a lot of legal or other boring work related papers. If that is you, this book will help you tremendously.

By the way, this book is short and sweet, only twenty pages. Daniel Alley is straight to the point. I like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment