Saturday, September 17, 2016

Mediterranean Diet


I am trying to loose weight without starving myself to death. I'm open to anything: diet pills, anti-cellulite lotions, exercise classes and cool looking diets. I just read Mediterranean Diet book by Daniel Alley. Most of the things that the author recommends are common sense. Everybody knows that in order to lose weight you have to eat healthy and exercise. If you want to stay in good shape permanently you have to make this diet and exercise routine your lifestyle. I’ve been to Greece eight times, love it to death. They are not that skinny by the way, unless we are talking about mountain shepherds. Greeks are chubby people, happy though. You know why? They don’t work nearly as hard as Americans. Do you know how much paid vacation they get? Thirty three days a year. Thirty freaking three. There you go. That’s why they don’t have as many heart and other diseases. You want to adopt Mediterranean lifestyle in the US? You better be rich enough to afford not to work.

As a vegetarian I really appreciated some cool recipes and new ideas. I loved Potato and Chickpea Hash dish, the Avocado Toast and Pasta Fagioli Soup. I would obviously substitute the chicken broth with the vegetable broth. Orange and Olive Oil Cake sounds delicious too. To be honest I don’t understand why one would leave the biggest meal for dinner. Yep, Greeks and Italians do that, but they are not trying to lose weight. They really don’t care that they are chubby. I would either skip dinner or have a small salad or a piece of fruit if I must. A glass of kefir would be fine too. It just doesn’t make any sense to put any food in your body when it wouldn’t have enough time to process the food by the time you have to go to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment