Friday, November 18, 2016

Komina Paint Brushes


I am an amateur artist who has to be careful when budgeting for art supplies. I was initially a bit nervous when ordering Komina brushes because I have had disappointing results using brushes made of synthetic materials in the past. As always the first use is fine, but subsequent uses have less desirable results--usually the loss of hair into the painting itself.

So far I've used some (there are quite a lot!) of the brushes three times and found them to hold up well. Once I used a cleaning solution; the other times I used soap and water as recommended. I painted with acrylics which are water soluble so perhaps that accounted for some of the ease. The bristles reshaped nicely upon drying. I look forward to exploring some of the other brushes--I've never had such a variety. The quality is quite better than one would expect to get for this price.



No comments:

Post a Comment